Thursday, July 19, 2012

Workout and Fredericksburg

Happy Thursday!
Today I managed to get up at 6:45 to sneak in a 30 minute run. I'm trying to workout early in the morning when the weather is cool and the birds are beginning to chirp. It is so soothing. I knew we would be leaving for Fredericksburg early so I decided to get up early and workout. After my run I took my dog Precious for a walk (she doesn't run very much so I don't take her running often. She always stops to smell the flowers). After walking I did the following abdominal exercises:
20 crunches
20 reverse crunches
20 scissor crosses
(3 sets)

Standing Side Crunches: 15 on each side.

I'm trying to work my way up to some rock-hard abs.

My post-workout breakfast consisted of 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of blueberries. For protein I had scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Yum!! Once I figure out how to post pictures on my blog I will post what I eat.

Our day trip involved visiting President Lyndon B. Johnson's ranch and taking a walk around the town of Fredricksburg. My family and I had already been there back in December but since Phyllis is visiting us from Germany we decided it would be great for her to see one of the most historic parks of Texas. She really liked Fredricksburg because of its German influences. She was able to translate some of the signs for us since we've never really known what they mean except maybe "willkommen". I don't even know if that's spelled right.
At the very end of our walk we decided to stop by and get some ice cream. I was debating whether I should get some or not since I'm trying to reduce sweets. But I just couldn't resist, so I got dutch chocolate with coffee ice cream. It turned out to be a lot so I shared with my sister, cousin, dad and mom. Good thing I ran this morning. But for now, no more ice cream!! That's enough!! So thankful for sunny days. Even if it's hot, I'm glad I can get some Vitamin D! ;) I'm ready to recharge. Hope you guys had a great Thursday too!


No comments:

Post a Comment