Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Running with Phyllis

Today I had a tough workout. My friend (Phyllis) from Germany is visiting for two weeks and she does running competitions all the time. So today we decided to go for a morning run at the track near my house and she showed me a speed work workout. Man, that girl is fast! I really need a pair of long legs. She doesn't even look like she's trying. But anyway, we did 3x200 and 3x100 and our warm up was 3 laps and our cool down was 2 laps. Usually she does 3 to 4 laps for warm ups and cool downs but she is not used to the Texas heat so we took it down a notch. But today's workout definitely served as motivation to start running consistently and faster. I felt amazing afterwards. I'm so thankful that I can move and run even if I'm not super fast. When we got home, there were warm pancakes waiting at the table made by my lovely mother! Perfect post-workout meal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment