Thursday, July 26, 2012

Saying good-bye and Eating Clean

Hey everyone!
Yesterday was a bitter-sweet day. It was Phyllis' last day in the U.S. So we took her to downtown Houston. The first half of the day was exciting because we got to walk through the city and we actually got to go up the tallest building to get an aerial view of Houston. It was beautiful! After that, we had vegetarian burgers for lunch made by my sweet mom. :) We had lunch at a small Starbucks in one of the buildings. It's kind of funny because we were all dressed in casual clothing and everyone else was walking around in their business suits, skirts, dresses and high heels. Phyllis was nervous that she might end up getting lost in the airport and miss her flight. But we just kept telling her that it was going to run smoothly and we would stay with her until she knew where to go. Once she was ready to go through security and we had to leave, it was time to say our good-byes. My mom and I cried and so did Phyllis. :( It was a very heartbreaking moment but it made me realize the wonderful friendship that had flourished during the last two weeks. I am so thankful to God for the friendships he has placed in my life all over the world.
Anyway, the rest of the day felt so lonely without Phyllis. I just kept going back to memorable moments we had together. I hope I get to see her again soon. :)
Now on a less serious note, I'm reading through one of Tosca Reno's books. If you get the chance to read any of her books, you should read them! They are very motivating and she has great, clean recipes. Anyway, I started eating clean when I was a freshman in high school but recently I've kind of fallen off track. So I printed a copy of the eating clean principles in order to get me started. Tomorrow I would like to make some of her recipes, if not, maybe start picking out some recipes for next week. I want to start now before the school year begins. I also want to clarify that this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle and that goes for me too. Sometimes you just need a little push especially when you have cupcakes and cookies staring at you at a party or grocery store. Nutrition is definitely key in the way your body looks and feels. 80% nutrition, 10% training, 10% genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment